Despite the typhoon, people were BOLD enough (including me) to attend the launching of the new BlackBerry 7 OS and the new line of phones that already carries it!
The event was hosted by my favorite Bianca Valerio who looked lovely in a vintage long red dress.
Research in motion (RIM) today launched the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 smartphone in the Philippines. Â Blackberry fans can expect the Bold 9900 to be available in the Philippines on October 7 from all carriers and authorized retail channels.
Key notes about the new BlackBerry Bold 9900
- BlackBerry Bold 9900 is the thinnest Blackberry smartphone yet at only 10.5mm
- First BlackBerry with physical QWERTY keyboard and touch screen display
- First BlackBerry smartphone to include built-in support for NFC (Near Field Communications), a new technology that is enabling many new and exciting capabilities, including the ability to pair with NFC-enabled accessories or read SmartPoster tags with a simple tap
- Crafted with premium materials including a brushed stainless steel frame
- Faster browsing, richer multimedia and improved overall performance.
- Runs on the new BlackBerry 7 operating system with significantly faster, more fluid web browsing experience
- According to tests: browsing is 40% faster than BlackBerry 6 based smartphones and up to 100% faster than BlackBerry 5 based smartphones.
- Optimized HTML5 performance for gaming and video experiences
- Features Liquid Graphics technology combined with dedicated high-performance graphics processor with blazingly fast CPU and high resolution for a highly responsive touch interfaceÂ