Where are you staying for Holy Week? Â If you’re staying just within Metro Manila, then you would be interested in what malls open or what time the lrt and mrt operates during holy week.
I feel bad because I don’t have any plans for Holy Week yet… anyway, I don’t see any announcement yet on mall’s schedule during the Holy Week or mrt and lrt schedules but here’s what I think would happen based on last year’s Holy Week.
MRT and LRT Holy Week Schedule in Manila (official, confirmed by MRT LRT Spokesperson)
— Hernando T. Cabrera (@attycabs) March 14, 2013
– no MRT and LRT (Holy Thursday) â€“ (Easter Sunday) for maintenance works
– on Holy Wednesday: (this is my estimate based on last year’s info)
LRT last trip at 8 pm for Line 1â€™s Baclaran and Rooseveltstations; and Line 2â€™s Santolan and Recto stations.
MRT last trip at 10pm from North Ave. station and 10:30 from Taft Ave. station
– on Monday, MRT and LRT resumes at 5am
Shopping hours and Mall Schedule during Holy Week (unofficial, my estimate based on last year’s info)
– SM Malls: CLOSED on Holy Thursday and Good Friday. Â Except for SM Baguio which will remain open from 10am â€“ 10pm on both days. Â Some shops and restaurants by the SM Mall of Asia Veranda and the bay area will remain open.
– Malls closed on Holy Thursday and Good Friday (opens on Saturday)
Glorietta, Greenbelt, Market! Market!, Trinoma
Note: this is not inclusive of all malls.
– Bonifacio High Street, The Fort is usually open on Holy Thursday and Good Friday (some select stores).
NOTE: It is best to call the mall first before going.
Or just have a staycation at home, watch movies… or drive to the nearest beach… 😉