Lately, I’ve been so frustrated at Manila traffic. I just went home to Bacolod a couple of months back to witness a very busy festival (Masskara), and yet driving there amidst the number of tourists and the lively festivities didn’t let me get caught in heavy traffic.
Coming back to Manila, I experienced the worst traffic situation ever. It’s already the holiday season and I’m expecting it to get worse.
I’ve been ranting on Twitter and Facebook saying I couldn’t take this traffic anymore. I go to work and it just hurts my eyes and I get constant headaches. It is very uncomfortable. We need a better solution. I came up with ideas about passing a bill to the Senate (if ever I get elected as a congresswoman which is unlikely) called “Work from home Fridays.” But then again, the traffic would just be diverted to Thursday. or “Tax break” from companies who implement “work-from-home” policies.
I think it is unhealthy both for our body and in our time, to spend 2-4 hours of our life in a day with traffic.
It’s just not the way to live.
But then again, I know our government and MMDA has been thinking of a lot of solutions already and though they might have though of my ideas, I know there’s a butterfly effect on a lot of things. Tax breaks would affect other companies, even the mamang drivers would be deprived of their livelihood, and so on and so forth.
Moving out of Manila
My second solution is to move out of Manila. I thought of going back to Bacolod. BUT HEY!!! I CAN’T! I need access to a huge airport hub to take me to many places I want to and I want to go to cool events here in Manila too!
Next best bet is to go a bit farther not close enough that I could still drive an hour away to Manila.
Literally. It’s so hot here! I keep on wanting to go to Tagaytay just to get a cool breeze. I love natural cold breeze btw and not the one that comes out of an air conditioning unit – it makes my nose suffer from rhinitis.
Thank you Skyway and awesome highways!
I don’t mind paying extra just to avoid traffic.
Living in Batangas Perhaps?
Why not? It’s near the beach, that I love 🙂 Near The Farm, Mount Malarayat, Puerto Galera and many diving sites. I heard there’s also a surf spot in the area.
Lipa City comes in mind where it is among the most progressive cities in Batangas.
- Lipa is only an hour away from Makati
- Accessible via SLEX and Star Tollway
- 24-hour bus transport system available from EDSA Cubao and Buendia
Oh yeah, I’m an adult, and soon I’m going to buy my own house. I am considering this area as one of the places I’ll stay. Apart from the amenities I listed down above, Bel-Air residences has more to offer:
– Walking distance to SM, Lipa
– At the center of Business and Social Activity
– Beside Fiesta Mall and across a school
– Weather is generally COOL (BIG PLUS!!!) because this area is elevated at 1025 ft above sea level (known to be the third highest place in the Philippines)
On top of that,
– I can save on travel cost.
- I can find work or open a business in the area
- Amenities available like basketball courts (the big boys need this), a jogging path for me, a playground for kids (in the future), barbecue area, multiple parks, a pool where I can do my card, a lanai, gazebo and Club House.
- Near schools such as Stoneyhurst International School, Nazareth School, Mc Kinley International School, Kolehiyo ng Lungsod ng Liba and De Lasalle, Lipa.
- It is also close to established hospitals like Lipa Medix medical Center and metro Lipa Medical Center
- Walking distance from major malls: SM Lipa, Fiesta Mall, Robinsons mall, Big
Choices of House Units
Your choices of house units range from townhouses to two-storey units with floor areas as big as 55 to 165 sq. meters, all designed under the concept of “Modern Zen” architecture. Clubhouse and Entrance Gates are designed and conceptualized by renowned architect, Arch. Ed Ledesma.
House and lot with a garden area for my bunnies to hop into 🙂
Lipa is also a fast becoming choice of celebrities as in the case of Aga Muhlach and Charlene Gonzales, Boy Abunda and Vilma Santos.
Bel-Air Residences in Lipa is developed by Convergence Realty and Development Corporation.
Bel-Air Residences Brings You To Bohol and Boracay!
Bel-Air Residences Lipa, Batangas and Nuffnang invite you to join “At Home in the Philippines” contest and win a chance to a vacation in Bohol or Boracay! The contest is open to all member bloggers of the Nuffnang Network with at least one (1) valid ad unit. Contest period is from November 16 to December 16, 2012.
Check out this link for more details:
Contact Bel-Air Residences at 0922-8733060; firstname.lastname@example.org; (043)7574210; www.belairresidenceslipa.com
*This is a sponsored post for Bel-Air Residences