Dude Magnet: Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ5
1. It takes super great photos (close to DSLR)
2. It’s a genius in its intelligent auto! – a true point-and-shoot and I don’t have to know all those photo lingos such as apperture and white balance because it does all the work for me! All I need to have is my “vision” and “imagination” and capture it **click**
3. It’s a dude magnet! It’s a handy tool to attract boys! You know how boys love their toys and most of them are into photography these days! In the events I go to, I just get my camera out of my bag and click the shutter **flash** then them-boys always notice “ey, that’s a cool camera you got!!! It’s a leica lens… etc..”
Even Matt Mullenweg Mister WordPress himself, noticed my cam ^_^ see evidence! 😛
Boys also get turned on when I tell them about the specifics of my cam…[ad#hlink]
- It has a 10x “optical zoom” (28-280mm equiv.) plus a 4x digital zoom. (I hear “whoahs” and “nice”)
- It’s a 28mm wide angle camera…
- It has a High Resolution (460,000 pixel) 3.0-inch LCD (Then they all comment on how clear the pictures appear)
- 9.1 megapixel
- MEGA OIS image stabilization
- 22 scene modes and a clipboard for travelers (scene modes include: Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Self-Portrait, Food, Party, Candle Light, Baby 1, Baby 2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Hi-Speed Burst, Starry Sky, Fireworks, Beach, Snow, Aerial Photo and Underwater) — How more intelligent could it get???
- Venus IV Engine processor (then I’d say I don’t know what that really is then them-boys again would fill in the details for me… “Well, it’s a … dot dot dot…”
- It can also record movies up to 1280 x 720 pixels (HD) @ 30 fps. It’s a high resolution movie for a compact camera and the best ever among all others of its kind. Of course you shouldn’t compare it to a digital video camera.
4. It may look bulky to other digicams but if you consider the 10x zoom packed in it’s body… phew! innovation really! Hands down to Panasonic and the makers of this cam!
5. It fits in my bag as compared to my D40 obviously and this cam is always with me to take out-of-the ordinary spur-of-the-moment shots!
6. Who said it takes bad night shots? Actually, all digital cameras don’t make such good night shots… but this camera of mine takes decent ones! Check out the pictures below. Samples of landscapes from Greece at the Acropolis!
more pictures of Greece, Acropolis,Â Santorini, Ancient Thira, Monolithos, Kamari, Pharos and FiraÂ Â here.
7. I have an art gallery all captured by TZ5 (except for those mentioned are not)
8. I bought it for only php 18,000 last year (May 2008) from my supplier, but now it only cost 15,000 flat. If you want to order click here! Don’t forget to mention me when you buy one!
He is a trusted supplier of mine and check out his Product list here.
9. The newer model Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ50 has wi-fi and you can instantly upload pictures from your camera to flickr or to any supported web gallery!
Visit my photoblog (which I will update soon) and my flickr art gallery.
Helpful links to Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ5
1. dpreview.com’s high recommendation result from it’s review of the TZ5
2. Camera Lab’s video tour of the TZ 5
3. Where I bought my TZ5.
4. dpreview sample shots of TZ5
5. my flickr art gallery
6. my photoblog
7.Â Panasonic Lumix TZ5 Full Specifications
ayos. pero maganda nga talaga tong cam na to!
yes… even the musicblogger is a witness \m/>.<\m/
wow amazing cam ate infairness ganda ng contrast ng pic, unlike sa ibang cam, parang SLR n rin dating wakokokoo
hahaha! galing mo talaga mag sales talk dude! mabili nga yung bago..
whoa! galing ka na ng greece dude? weeeeeeeee! 😀
and… nabasa ko pala review nyan dito. Nag rank 1 sya dati sa most popular digital cameras ng digitalcamerareview.com 😀
dude nope! haha Cisqo went to Greece and I let him borrow this ^_^
Yes, that’s why I love my TZ5 so much! I am still keeping it with me all the time even if I have my own DSLR already
Wow! Thanks for contributing this in here! I know you have held your hands on the TZ5 before and you always enjoyed how crisp and clear the pictures were XD
So how did u take the underwater pix? did u have a case?
Yes I did have an underwater case 🙂 It seems like many has been asking me about this 🙂 Check out my blog tomorrow I will post about it 🙂
Hey.. Recently I purchased TZ5 Camera.. I still have some doubts which i think you will be able to clarify..
1. When I view the focus area in my Camera LCD, I don’t see it very clear .. Sometimes, I think that picture won’t be good , but when i press that shoot button, I get an amazing display of taken picture.. Is it a problem ??
2. Sometimes, I can see those colors spotline appearing vertically on my LCD Screen and it doesn’t appear in photo .. Though, Guide has already mentioned that I can see these RGB spots in my camera.. but is it so normal ??
3. Now, I took a picture and it looks awesome on my LCD screen. Well, I transferred it to my PC and I don’t find it very crispy image taken at 9M setting. Even my Sony Ericsson 2 MP Mobile camera was taking amazing crispy snaps.
I have recently got this camera, and still confused whether i should return this or get it replaced with the same model ..
hey.. one more thing.. I know its stupid question, but is there any difference in picture qualities in all Silver/Black/Blue TZ5 cameras ?? I have silver one..